The simple, yet unique runner is a slight variation of a pattern by G.E. Designs called “Braid Runner” (GE-101). It is a beautiful addition to any table or a wonderful hostess gift!
- (6) 9-1/2″ x 2″ strips of green
- (6) 9-1/2″ x 2″ strips of red
- (12) 11″ x 2″ two-part strips of green and red
- (1) 9-1/2″ x 9-1/2″ green square.
- Cut top fabrics into 2 1/2″x6″ and 2 1/2″x8″ rectangles
- 1/4″ seams
- Layer at least a 20×60″ piece of fabric face down, same size batting on top, and baste.
- Place 6×6″ square in the middle on point
- Layer 2 1/2″x6″ pieces face down on opposite sides of the square and sew in place. Press open.
- Layer 2 2/2″x8″ pieces on opposite side of square, overlapping smaller piece on the right. Sew. Press open.
- Repeat until desired length
- Cut several 1 1/2″ wide border and 2 3/4″ wide binding, full width
- Sew down long lengths of border down length of sewed piecing. Press open. Repeat with both angles.
- Trim all sides
- Apply binding