As summer draws to a close and school begins to start, this DIY back pack is a great project to make with kids. We used our Disney Junior’s Sofia the First fabric, available at Hancock Fabrics in our Character Shop.
- Rectangular piece of fabric, 24″ x 12″, depending on the desired size of the bag.
- Rope or string, for straps
- Sewing machine
- Sew a rectangle with an open top.
- Fold over corners of the fabric, so the top looks like a rectangle with the edges cut off.
- Sew a tube along the top of the rectangle.
- Insert two pieces of robe into the tube, using a safety pin to thread them through. This will function as a draw string. One drawstring should come out the left side, and the other should come out of the right side.
- Sew a ribbon, with a key ring coming out of it to both corners of the bottom of the back pack.
- Tie the ends of the draw string to the key ring.