Sometimes getting your kids to take a shower can be difficult. However, this shower curtain, inspired by Disney•Pixar’s latest movie Inside Out, will provide not only a great incentive for showers, but a precious decoration for your favorite little ones’ bathroom! The fabrics and this project are found here, or at your local Jo Ann Fabric and Craft Store.
Supplies and Tools:
- Disney•Pixar’s Inside Out Fabric Collection:
- 22-1/2″ of a coordinating cotton fabric
- 1/2 yd. clear vinyl 16 gauge
- 2 pks. snap curtain grommets
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Cut two 72″ x 41-1/2” strips from the Emotions Polka Dot fabric – shower curtain
- Cut two 11″ x 41-1/2” strips from the coordinating fabric – topper
- Cut two 6″ x 54″ strips from the vinyl – pocket
*Seam allowance 1/4″
- Place the two shower curtain fabric pieces right sides together and stitch the length (72″) of the fabric. Press seam.
- Place the two topper fabric pieces right sides together and stitch along the width (11″) of the fabric. Press seam.
- Fold both sides of the topper in 1/2″ along the width and press. Fold the topper in half along the width (10″) and press seam – 5″ x 82-1/2″.
- Place the shower curtain and the topper fabric right sides together and stitch in place along the length (82-1/2″) of the fabric. Press seam.
- Fold the raw edges of the shower curtain under 1/2″, press, fold under again and press. Stitch around perimeter.
- Place the two vinyl strips together overlapping 1/2″ on the short sides and stitch along the width – pocket.
- Cut the length of the pocket strip to measure 5″ x 80-1/2″.
- Place the pocket in the center of the shower curtain, lightly pin in place and stitch down both sides and across the bottom.
- Measure and mark vertical lines 8″ apart across the length of the pocket and stitch on each of the vertical lines to create separate pockets.
- Attach the grommets to the topper following instructions on package.