These Doctor Who suspenders are a great complement to your Doctor Who bow tie. These instructions are simple and require minimum time! Supplies available at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.
Supplies and Tools:
- 1/4 yd. Doctor Who Packed TARDIS Cotton Fabric
- Four mitten/ suspender clips
- 1/2 yd. 1” wide black elastic
- Basic sewing supplies & sewing machine
- Two 41” x 4” from fabric and two from fusible interfacing = straps
- Four 4” pieces of 1” wide black elastic
- Fuse the interfacing to the wrong sides of the fabric.
- Fold fabric in half and stitch down the length. Turn the fabric inside outand press.
- Thread the elastic on to the clip and stay stitch the ends together.Repeat for all 4 clips.
- Tuck the raw edges of the fabric inward and insert the stitched end of theelastic 1/2” in and top stitch in place. Double stitch the ends for addedstrength.
- 8 – 10” from the one end of each of the straps over lap and create a Xshape. Stitch a 1” square at the intersection of the straps, double stitch for added strength.