Lets go fishing! These totes are prefect for that trip to the beach or wall decor for your underwater themed room!
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 bandanas per fish tote
- 1/4-yard white cotton
- 48″ of cord or ribbon for drawstring
- Basic Sewing Supplies
- Sewing machine
- Cut 2 fish tales from pattern.
- Cut 2 fish head from pattern.
- Cut a 2″ circle from the scrap of the bandana for the eye.
- Right sides together join the fish heads to the fish tales using 1/2″ seam allowance.
- Right sides together join the two fish bodies along one side.
- Serge or zig zag stitch around the entire fish.
- Fold the top edge of the fish head under 1″ and press. Top stitch 1/8″ from the fold and the raw edge to form the casing for the drawstring.
- With right sides together, stitch around balance of the fish, using 1/2″ seam allowance and stopping just short of the casing.
- Turn the fish inside out and thread the drawstring through the casing.
- Place the fish eye on the head and zig zag stitch around circle. Top stitch 4″ from the bottom between the fins.
Skill Level: Some experience necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: Varies