This Christmas apron is the perfect, full coverage protector while you bake this holiday season. It would be a great gift, or a project to work on when you need some peace and quiet from the holiday season. This apron uses a variation of McCall’s Pattern 6092, but you can use any pattern you want! To protect McCall’s, the whole pattern is not included but you can purchase here.
- 3/4yd main fabric
- 1 3/8yd contrast
- Use the Simplicity bias tape maker. Use the 2″ piece for this binding.
- On outside, pin rack to upper edge of pocket, having outer edge even with raw edge. Stitch along center rick rack.
- Encase upper edge of pocket with double fold bias tape.
- On outside, pin pocket to front along pocket line. stitch along previous stitching on side and lower edges of tape.
- Encase inner curved edge of neck band with tape, with wrong sides together, pin band to upper edge of apron, matching small dots, having raw edges even. baste 1/4″ (6mm) from raw edge.
The full pattern is available here and contains diagrams and more detailed instructions.