- 1 yd. Kellogg’s Ladies fabric – main
- 1 yd. coordinating fabric
- Fabric marking pen
- Bias tape 1/4” package
- 1 Button
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Seam allowance 1/2” unless otherwise indicated Width of Fabric – WOF
- Cut one 18” x 37” rectangle from the Coordinating fabric – inside panel
- Cut one 14” x 37” rectangle from the main fabric – front panel
- Fold fabric wrong sides together trace and cut the pockets out using the diagram on back page as a guide.
- Cut one 6” x 27-1/2” rectangle from the coordinating fabric – waistband
- Cut two 5” x 26” rectangles from the coordinating fabric for the ties
- Place the apron border and the front panel right sides together, stitch across the 37” length, fold to the right side and press the seam flat.
- Fold the bias tape along the apron pocket with the raw edge on the inside of the bind, pin in place and topstitch. Repeat for the other side.
- Fold the apron side 1/2” under on each of the short sides, press, fold again and stitch in place.
- Mark the top middle on the front of the apron and make a mark 4-1/2” away from the center on both sides. Fold each side into the center mark to make a pleat and press in place.
- Edge stitch the pleat at the crease on both sides so it will lay flat. Tack the pleats together 2” down from the top.
- Fold the sides of the waistband 1/2” in on each side, press, fold again and press. Fold in half wrong sides together lengthwise and press.
- Line up the raw edges of the waistband with the top edge of the apron and stitch in place.
- Fold the ties in half lengthwise right sides together and press. Sew across one of the short ends and down the length of the ties, clip the corners,turn and press (see diagram).
- Tuck the raw edges of the ties inside the waistband opening 1-1/2” and stitch the ties to the waistband. Stitch again to reinforce seams.
- Stitch the button on to cover up the stitch marks at the top of the apron.
Experience level: Some Experience Necessary
Crafting Time: 1 – 2 hours