Now that you have a made your Hello Kitty bed spread, it is time to add pillows. These instructions are easy, and will only take a an hour (or two) to complete. The Hello Kitty fabric is available at Hancock Fabrics, Jo-Ann Fabrics and Crafts Stores, and on Amazon.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Hello Kitty Fabric Collection: 1 yd. Packed cotton, 1 yd. Flower Toss flannel
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Cut one 5″ x 45″ = cuff
- Cut one 30″ x 45″ = pillowcase
- Turn one raw edge of the cuff under 1/2″, press and topstitch for a hem. Place the opposite raw edge along the pillowcase edge with right sides facing, stitch together using 1/4″ seam allowance.
- Turn the cuff to the inside and press along the seam, topstitch the cuff in place using the hemline as a stitching guide.
- Fold pillowcase in half WRONG sides together and stitch side and bottom with 1/4″ seam. Carefully Trim seam allowance to 1/8″.
- Turn the pillowcase with the right side of the fabric to the inside and press flat. Re-stitch the side and bottom at 1/4″.
- Turn right side out. Repeat for each pillowcase