Now that you have made your Hello Kitty pillow cases, and bedspread, you need a dust ruffle to give your bed a finishing touch! These instructions are simple and provide the perfect accent to the Hello Kitty bedspread and pillows! Fabrics are available at Jo Ann’s Fabric and Craft Stores, Hancock Fabrics, and Amazon!
Supplies & Tools:
- Hello Kitty Packed cotton fabric – 2.75 yards for bed skirt panels
- Muslin 45″ width 2.25 yards for deck of bed skirt
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
Note: 3/8″ seam allowances
- Cut one 40″ x 76″ from the muslin = bed skirt deck
- Cut four 15″ x 48″ = side panels
- Cut two pieces 15″ x 29″ = bottom panelASSEMBLE:
- Press the raw edge of the top of the bed skirt deck under 1/2″ and topstitch.
- With the right sides of the fabric together sew two side panels together. Press raw edge under 1/2″ on both ends and top stitch.
- Turn the top raw edge under 2″, press and baste in place.
- Turn the bottom raw edge under 1”, press and topstitch.
- For the pleat – place a mark 6″ out on each side of center seam. Press to make folds. Bring folds in to meet at center seam, pin in place and baste across the top of the pleat. Repeat for second side (see diagram).
- With the right sides of the fabric together sew the two end sections together. Stitch hem and pleat same as sides.
- Sew side panel to side of deck and the bottom panel to the bottom of the deck.