Happy December! What better way to begin this festive month than by making a no-sew felt poinsettia wreath that is sure to welcome all of your guests with Christmas spirit?!
It’s a simple DIY project that will take no more than a couple hours, few supplies and is sure to ring in the holiday cheer this season.
- Red felt
- Green felt
- Styrofoam wreath
- Burlap tape
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Lid for tracing
1. Fold the red felt in half lengthwise and cut two strips 2.5” wide, two strips 1.5” wide and one strip 1” wide.
2. Keeping the felt folded in half, cut rectangles for leaves. You will need eight large, eight medium and eight small leaves for one poinsettia. (Feel free to add as many poinsettias to your wreath as you’d like!)
3. Cut the corners off each rectangle and round the sides to make a leaf shape.
4. Using a large leaf, trace it onto the green felt four times and cut out to make four large green leaves.
5. Use a lid (I used a mason jar’s) about 2.5” in diameter to trace a circle and cut it out.
6. Take your hot glue gun and glue the eight large leaves around the circle.
7. Then hot glue the eight medium leaves on top, followed by the eight small leaves on top of the medium.
8. Once the glue is dry on the flower, put hot glue in the center of the flower and place your pearls on top (I suggest using tweezers for this or you could just dump the pearls on if you’re not concerned about being specific).
9. Wrap your styrofoam wreath in burlap tape, securing the end of the tape with a pin (I used a t-pin).
10. Decide where you want to place your poinsettia and green leaves — I offset mine to the right — and then hot glue the four green leaves to the burlap wreath.
11. Glue the poinsettia on top of the leaves so the leaves poke out around the sides.
12. Cut enough ribbon to make a bow and set aside.
13. Using about 12” of ribbon, make a loop around the wreath. Hot glue the base together and twist to hold the ribbon in place and keep it from turning.
14. Glue your bow onto the twisted part of the ribbon to hide the glue.
15. Hang and enjoy!