Unless you’ve been avoiding Pinterest recently, chances are you’ve definitely scrolled by these adorable DIY wall hanging banners! There are so many different ways to customize your banner and truly make it your own. I had some cute, floral scrap fabric lying around so I decided to give it a shot!
Learn how to make your own easy wall hanging banner below:
- Fabric to make your banner (I used 14″x 10″ canvas)
- Material for the letters (Can be fabric, felt, leather, etc.)
- Twine to hang your banner and make decorative tassel
- 12″ Dowel
- Glue gun
- Iron your fabric for your banner and if you’re using fabric for your letters iron those, as well.
- Place the dowel across one end of the banner width-wise and use your hot glue gun to glue the fabric over the dowel, securing it in place. Let cool.
- At the bottom of your banner, fold the corners into each other to make your banner’s point. Hot glue the corners down and let cool.
- Measure the size of the Steam-A-Seam you need to fit your letters.
- Peel the Steam-A-Seam’s paper off to reveal the sticky side and place on the wrong side of your fabric. Rub this in well to make sure it sticks.
- Trace your letters onto the Steam-A-Seam paper and then cut them out with the fabric now attached.
- Once your letters are cut, press them with an iron to ensure the material sticks and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Peel the Steam-A-Seam off each back of the letter and arrange on your banner.
- Once you have your letters placed where you’d like them, carefully use your iron to seal the Steam-A-Seam to the fabric, but be careful not to burn!
- Place hot glue on one end of your dowel and wrap your twine around multiple times, depending on the thickness you desire. Then, leave enough twine for your banner to hang and repeat the step on the opposite side of the dowel. Cut the remaining twine off.
- If you’re interested in creating a tassel to decorate your wall hanging banner with, I suggest this tutorial!
- Hang your banner in a super cute spot where you can admire your wonderful handy work!