It’s still winter for many of us and that means we are still experiencing chilly temps that have us needing to be wrapped up constantly! So why not craft your very own infinity scarf to keep yourself warm in these last few weeks before spring?! Follow the instructions below to learn how, and if you love the fabric we used you can find it at Jo-Ann’s Fabric & Craft Store!
- 2 yards of fabric (this will make two infinity scarves)
- Cut your fabric in half lengthwise so that it measures approximately 2 yards x 22″.
- Fold your fabric in half lengthwise and pin right sides together. You will have a long rectangle of fabric that is approximately 2 yards x 11″.
- If the ends of your fabric are uneven, this is the point where you will want to square them up. You want nice, straight end pieces for when you sew the two ends together later in your project.
- Sew along the length of your infinity scarf where you just pinned. When you are done you will have a very long tube.
- Using the tip of your iron to press open the seam.
- Flip your scarf so that it is right side out.
- Fold one raw end of your scarf under 1″, tuck the opposite raw end inside the end you just folded under. Pin together so that the seams are lined up and stitch through all layers.