Disney Junior’s, Doc McStuffins tells the story of a precious little girl, who plays “doctor” to her stuffed animal collection. Beloved by boys and girls across the country, this show has continued to gain notoriety. This comfy pillow is perfect for any child in your life, and is simple enough to make with your child or grandchild.
Supplies and tools:
1 yd. Daily Dose Of Sunshine cotton fabric
1/4 yd. of coordinating fabric
2 yds. Trim
Weather Soft Pillow 12″x18″
Sewing machine & basic sewing supplies
1. Cut one 12″x34″ piece of fabric from the length of the Daily Dose of Sunshine fabric = panel.
2. Cut two 3-1/2″x34″ pieces of fabric from the coordinating fabric = sides.
3. Sew the three fabric pieces right sided together along the 34″ sides with the panel in the center. Press the seams to the inside.
4. Place trim on top of the seams and topstitch in place (see image).
5. Fold the top and bottom of the panel a 1/4″ in from raw edges, press and stitch in place (see image).
6. Lay fabric wrong side down and fold the bottom over 8″ and top over 14″ overlapping the bottom to create a 12″ panel. Pin in place. Stitch down both sides of the panel with 1/4″ seam allowance, press and clip corners.
7. Turn pillow cover right side out and insert pillow form.
8. Embellish as desired.
- Skill Level: Some experience necessary Crafting Time: 1 – 2 hours