For kids, a fun notebook cover is the holy grail of the school supply world. However, adults, and college students also use these handy covers for protecting their notebooks and setting them apart. This notebook cover “how-to” features our Doctor Who fabric, available at Jo-Ann Fabrics and Craft Store’s; however, you can use any fabric you like!
Doctor Who Fabric Collection: 1/2 yd. Packed Tardis cotton fabric (pictured below left) and 1/2 yd. Exploding Tardis cotton fabric (below right)
- 1/2 yd. Heavy weight fusible interfacing
- Hook and Loop tape with adhesive back
- Iron & ironing surface
- Sewing machine & basic sewing supplies
- Cut two 20”x 13” pieces one from each fabric.
- Cut one 12”x 18” heavy weight fusible interfacing.
- 8” Hook and Loop tape with adhesive back.
- Fuse the interfacing to wrong side of the fabric you choose for the inside of the notebook.
- With right sides of fabric together stitch around the edge using 1/2” seam allowance and leave a 4” opening to turn the fabric.
- Turn the fabric right side out and tuck the raw edges inward, press and top stitch around the entire notebook at 1/4”.
- Fold the notebook in half and press.
- Apply the hook and loop tape to the back of the notepad and the inside of the notebook.