A chair sash is the perfect way to transform a plain chair, into a chair fit for a party! This simple project, using our Kentucky Derby fabric, is the perfect way to decorate for your pre-race soiree.
- Kentucky Derby fabric collection:
- 5/8 yd. Packed Roses – 1 chair sash
- 1/4 yd. Badges – loop
- 1/4 yd. med. weight interfacing
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
*Seam allowance – ½” unless otherwise indicated
- Cut two 3-½” x 7-½” rectangles (center the Kentucky Derby logo in the center of the rectangle) from the fabric and one from the interfacing. Place right sides of fabric together and stitch down both 7-½” sides creating a tube, press the seam open and turn right side out – loop.
- Adjust the loop so that the seam is in the center back and press the loop flat. Turn the raw edges of one end in ½”, press, tuck the other end inside ½” of the pressed end and stitch in place.
- Cut 37” x 22″ rectangle. Fold it in half, right sides together. Stitch along the 37″ side, creating a long tube open on both ends, press the seam open and turn right side out – sash.
- Adjust the sash so that the seam is in the center back and press the tube flat. Turn the raw edges of one end in ½” and press.
- Insert the sash through the loop and tuck the raw edges of the sash inside the other end and stitch in place.
- Center the loop over the sash seam and tack in place.
Skill Level: Some experience necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: 1-2 Hours