- Kentucky Derby Fabric Collection:
- 1/2 yd. Run For The Roses fabric = 6 sleeves
- 1/2 yd. Fusible fleece
- Round cord elastic pkg.
- Fabric marker
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Seam allowance ¼” unless otherwise indicated.
- Trace the sleeve template onto the fabric and fusible fleece (for each sleeve you will need two fabric and one fusible fleece). Cut them out.
- Iron the fusible fleece onto the back of one of the fabrics.
- Place the fabric right sides together and stitch around perimeter leaving a 4″ opening for turning.
- Clip corners and turn right side out. Use a pointed tool to poke the corners outward.
- Press the raw edges of the opening inward and topstitch around perimeter.
- Stitch the button on the front side of one end and a 2-½” length of elastic cord folded in half on the backside of the other end.
Skill Level: Some experience necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: 1-2 Hours