- Kentucky Derby fabric:
3/8 yd. Winner’s Circle Roses Fabric
- Large brimmed hat
- Hot glue gun/glue sticks
- Large feather
- Large Flower
- Iron/ironing board
- Fabric Marker
- Cut fabric 12″ x 24″
- Fold both 24″ ends of fabric 1/4″ over to the wrong side and press in place.
- Mark lines 1″ apart across the length of the fabric.
- Fold the fabric like an accordion with equal space from top to bottom and press in place. Stitch the sides to secure the pleats in place.
- Wrap the pleated fabric around the hat and hot glue in place – pleated band.
- Fold the feather in half; tuck the bottom part in the pleated band of the hat and glue in place.
- Center the flower in front of the feather and glue in place.
Skill Level: Some experience necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: 1 – 2 hours