With this project you can add superhero flair to a plain old book case. This fabric is available at Hancock Fabrics, and requires very few tools, and even less skills!
Read all instructions before beginning the project.
Difficulty Level: Beginner
- Marvel Packed Characters fabric
- Foam board
- Cutting mat/rotary cutter
- Duct tape
- Tape measure
- X-acto knife
- Measure the dimensions of the back of the inside of each shelf (measure twice and cut once).
- Cut the foam board pieces using the measurements you just took.
- Test fit the foam board pieces in each space of the bookcase.
- Iron the fabric before cutting.
- Add 4” to the width and length of each measurement. Cut the fabric strips. Add the measurement together and this will be how much fabric you will need to buy.
- Lay the fabric right side facing down on the work area and lay the foam board on top of the fabric.
- Tape the edges of the fabric onto the back of the foam board making sure to pull the fabric taut before you press the tape in place.
- Insert the foam board into the bookcase.
- Push the foam board firmly against the back of the bookcase. The tension of the fabric and the board against the edges of the bookcase should hold it in place.