Marvel’s Ant-man was recently released in theaters everywhere. With summer in full swing, here’s an easy project that is perfect for long summer days. Combine it with an outing to the movie theater, and you have a full day of Ant-man fun!
- Ant-Man NSF throw kit
- 1″ x 3″ pine wood:
- Two 42″ boards
- Two 52″ boards
- Angle tool
- Staple Gun
* To ensure that there is enough fabric to wrap around, measure the depth of the wood and add 2 to 3″ more to the width and length. Cut panel accordingly.
- Align the wood to create a frame. Use the angle tool to make sure they are at 90-degree angle and nail the wood together at the corners.
- Lay the panel on top of the frame and pull the panel firmly with one hand and use the staple gun to secure the panel to the frame.
- Continue pulling the panel and stapling, working opposing sides to ensure an evenly stretched canvas. Start at the top center, move to the bottom center, right side center, and finally left side center. Start again 2 to 3″ right of top center and continue as above. Work in this way until all sides of the frame are covered.
- Once all the sides are covered, there’ll be excess fabric at the corners.
- Pull the excess fabric into a triangle; make sure there’s no slack in the edges of the fabric. Wrap the excess behind the frame and staple.