If your kids (or you) hate laundry then this project is perfect for you! Using our Ant-Man fabric, available at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, you can make a super hero laundry basket, to motivate your little super heroes to clean up their dirty clothes!
- 1 yd. Ant-Man Stripe cotton fabric
- 1 yd. Ant-Man allover cotton fabric
- Drop cloth
- Spray adhesive/mask
- Hot glue gun/glue
- Plastic basket
- Measure the outside of the basket:
- Short sides – Down the side across the bottom and up the other side. Repeat for the long sides and add 3″ to the measurements.
- Cut both fabrics to this measurement.
- Lay the fabric on the work surface. Place the basket in the center and trace a diagonal line starting at the corner of the basket to the outside corner point. Repeat for the other three corners.
- Cut the trace lines stopping 1″ before reaching the inside point.
- Draw a line from the stopping point to the raw edge of the fabric on each side of the corner to create a square and cut the trace lines out. Repeat for the other three sides. See diagram.
- Turn the basket upside down and spray the bottom with adhesive. Center the fabric on the basket and hand press in place.
- Start with the two longer sides; spray with adhesive, hand press fabric in place and fold the fabric up and over the sides. Repeat for the short sides.
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 on the inside of the basket; fold the raw edges of the fabric over the sides and glue in place.