This hair tie is perfect to make as a craft at a Minnie Mouse Slumber party! While it requires adult supervision, your slumber party guests can help create these headbands too! Minnie Mouse fabric is available at Hancock Fabrics!
- 1/4 yard Minnie Mouse Pose Toss cotton fabric
- 4 yards 22 gauge craft wire
- 2 headbands
- Marking pen
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Lay fabric flat and fold in half lengthwise, cut 2 rectangles 36” x 4” and use the marking pen to trace the ear shape on each end of the rectangle.
- Sew around the strip using ½ “ seam allowance, leaving a 4” opening in the middle.
- Turn the strip inside out, twist the ends of 2 yards of the wire together and insert into the strip.
- Adjust the wire to make sure to pull the wire to each end of the strip. Stitch the opening closed being mindful not to catch the wire in the seam.
- Wrap the center of the strip around the headband and adjust the ears to desired shape.