This Minnie Mouse pillow is perfect for setting your daughter’s pillow apart at a sleepover party, or to make for the birthday girl! It’s super easy, and requires only a sewing machine.
Burrito Style Pillowcase Tutorial
- 1 yard Minnie Mouse allover cotton fabric
- 1/3 yard solid coordinating cotton fabric
- Sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Cut one 28” x 40” piece from Minnie Mouse fabric- pillowcase body
- Cut one 10” X 40” piece from solid fabric – cuff
- Lay the cuff fabric flat with the right side facing up.
- Place the pillowcase body fabric on top of the cuff with right sides together and matching up long edges and pin.
- Starting at the bottom of the pillowcase body, begin rolling the fabric towards the top edge.
- Continue to roll until it is a few inches from the top edge (roll it up like a burrito).
- Take the bottom edge of the cuff fabric, wrap it over the rolled up pillowcase fabric and pin through all layers.
- Sew along the raw edge using a 3/8” seam allowance.
- Fold back the cuff; carefully pull out the pillowcase body and press.
- Fold pillowcase in half (wrong sides together) matching up the cuff fabric on the seam line.
- Pin the raw edges on the side and bottom of the pillowcase.
- Stitch down the side and across the bottom using 1/4” seam allowance.
- Clip corners where the side and bottom seam meet.
- Turn the pillowcase wrong side out and press the seams.
- The pillowcase should be facing right sides together.
- Stitch the side and bottom seams using a 1/2” seam allowance.
- Turn the pillowcase right side out and press the seams flat (you now have enclosed seams and no loose threads on the inside).