A pouf seat can be useful in a preschool, in a playroom, and at sleepovers! This Minnie Mouse pouf seat is especially precious! Fabric available at Hancock Fabrics!
Supplies and Tools:
2 ¼” yards Cotton Fabric
- Basic Sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
Seam allowance ½”
- Cut two 24” circles from fabric – top and bottom cushion
- Cut one 15”x77” strip from fabric – side
- Fold the side strip right sides together along the short side, stitch together using a ½” seam allowance and press the seam flat.
- Pin one edge of the strip to the edges of the top cushion, work your way around, easing or slightly stretching as needed and sew it together.
- Repeat step two except this time leave a 4″ opening for turning and stuffing.
- Clip around the seam on the top and bottom cushions as needed to ease around the edging but making sure not to clip the stitches.
- Turn the pillow right side out and press the raw edges of the opening in and stuff with the poly-fill.
- Whipstitch the opening closed.