There are few things that frustrate a parent more than a dirty car. Yet somehow it often seems to be one of the hardest places to keep clean. However, this awesome Nintendo™ back seat organizer will not only keep your car clean, but also will delight your little video game lover!
Supplies and Tools:
- 1/4 yd. Mario Checkered Toss cotton – main fabric
- 1 yd. of coordinating Canvas – back & pocket
- 1 Package of 1” wide elastic
- 1 Package 3 yds. Double fold bias tape
- 1/2 yd. of batting low loft
- Grommets 8 ct. package 1” wide
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Cut one 24”x18” from the main fabric – front panel
- Cut one 24”x18” from the coordinating fabric – back panel
- Cut one 24”x18” from the batting
- Cut two 42” strip of elastic – bottom & middle
- Cut one 24” strip of elastic – top
- Cut three 18” strips from the bias tape – pocket Cut the following for pockets:
- One 6” x 9” from the canvas (small pocket)
- One 12”x18” from the coordinating canvas (top pocket)
- One 18”x18” from the main fabric (bottom pocket)
- Fold the pockets in half along the 18” side and press. Fold the bias tapeover the raw edges of the pocket, cut the length and stitch in place.
- Fold the small pocket in half and stitch down sides, turn and press. Fold the bias tape over the raw edges of the pocket, cut the length and stitch in place.
- Place the small pocket 1-1/2” in at the bottom right corner of the bottom pocket and topstitch down both sides and across the bottom.
- Place the bottom pocket on of the front panel 1” up from the bottom, matching raw edges and pin in place. Stitch down the sides and across the bottom of the pocket. Mark the center of the pocket and stitch on the line to create two pockets.
- Place the top pocket just above the bottom pocket, matching raw edges and pin in place. Stitch down the sides and across the bottom of the pocket. Mark 6” in on each side of the pocket and stitch on the line to create three pockets.
- Pin one of the 42” strips of elastic 1” up from the bottom on each side and stitch in place.
- Pin the other 42” strip of elastic on the sides 7” down for the top on each side and stitch in place.
- Sandwich batting, front and back panels together matching raw edges. Using the corner template on the back page cut the top corners out. Stitch around the perimeter leaving a 5” opening for turning. Clip corner and turn.
- Press the opening in and top stitch around the perimeter.
- Measure 1-1/2” down from the top on each side and mark the spot. Following the instructions on the grommet package attach the grommets.
- Loop the 24” strip of elastic through the grommet on each side and stitch in place.