Looking for a quick summer quilt? This Susan Winget quilt is perfect for a quick craft or even a gift!
Finished size: 33” x 33“
Supplies and Tools:
- Botanical Buzz fabric collection:
1/2 yd. Block Print
1-1/4 yds. Botanical Verbage
3/8 yd. Garden Scene
3/4 yd. Garden Bouquet
- 1/2 yd. Solid fabric
- Quilt batting 36“x45“ pkg.
- Sewing Machine
- Basic sewing supplies
WOF = Width of fabric
Cutting: Label pieces as you cut
- From Block Print center over 4 blocks and fussy cut one 13-1/4“ square = unit A
- From Garden Scene cut four 6“ x 13-1/2“ rectangles = unit B
- From Botanical Verbage cut four 6” squares = unit C
- From Garden Bouquet cut two 3-1/2” x 27-1/2” strips = top & bottom border
- From Garden Bouquet cut two 33-1/2” x 3-1/2” strips = side borders
- From Botanical Verbage cut one 33” x 33” square = backing
- From solid fabric cut six 1-3/4” x WOF strips
- Sub-cut strips into:
- Four 26-3/4” x 1-3/4” strips = sashing a
- Four 6” x 1-3/4” strips = sashing b
- Two 28” x 1-3/4” = sashing c
- Two 13-1/4” x 1-3/4” = sashing d
Refer to the diagram and quilt photo for fabric guide.
Seam allowance – 1/4″ unless otherwise indicated.
- Sew one sashing b to each side of unit B this will create unit BBB.
- Sew one unit C on each side of unit BBB.
- Sew one each of sashing a on the top and bottom of unit BBB to creating Row 1. Repeat this step to create Row 3.
- Sew one sashing d to each side of unit A this will create unit DAD.
- Sew one unit B on each side of unit DAD to create Row 2.
- Sew row 1, 2 and row 3 together.
- Sew sashing c to both sides of the connected rows to create quilt top center.
- Sew the top and bottom borders to the quilt top center.
- Sew the side borders to both sides of the quilt top center to create the quilt top.
- Layer the quilt top, batting, and backing.
- Quilt and bind as desired.
Skill Level: Some experience necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: Varies