- Scale and print pattern. Piece pattern together, tape and cut out pattern.
- Lay pattern back with the fur side facing down.Pin the pattern in place on fur and using a marker trace two shapes per pillow.
- Cut the pattern pieces out following the tip instructions.
- Lay fabric fur sides together, pin in place.
- Stitch around perimeter leaving a 5″ opening for turning at the bottom.
- Clip 1/4″ apart around the curves and turn.
- Stuff the pillow and stitch the opening closed.
Tips for working with fur:
- The nap should be going in the same direction on all pattern pieces.
- Do all your tracing and marking on the wrong side of the fabric.
- Cut out one pattern piece at a time.
- Cut only the backing and not the fur pile. With the wrong side of the fabric facing up, slide the scissors into backing. Cut just the backing if you feel a drag you’re cutting the nap. Back off and start again (practice cutting on a scrap of fabric to get the feel for it).
- Tuck the fur to the inside as you pin.
- Choose a longer stitch length.
Skill Level: Some experience necessary
Approximate Crafting Time: 1-2 Hours