If you’ve seen our Fabric of the Week, you are most likely brainstorming cute ideas for spandex fabric. We think there’s no better way to use spandex than leggings! And what child doesn’t want Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle leggings?
- 2 yards (more if you are making a bigger size) of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fabric from Hancock Fabrics
- Sewing machine
- Green thread
- Trace an already existing pair of leggings or tights, leaving 1″ seam allowance on the bottom, 1/2″ on the side and 1 and 1/2″ on the top.
- Fold old your fabric and pin your pattern piece to your fabric placing the side without any seam allowance on the fold. Cut 2 pieces this way.
- Fold the bottom hems under and sew. Because we’re using a knit fabric there is no need to finish the edge.
- Place right sides of fabric together and sew the upper slopes of the legs.
- Then sew the inner legs together and fold the waistband over. Sew the waist band down leaving 2 inches on the back side to thread the elastic.
- For pictures with instructions, this blog has a detailed instructions, with pictures.